Hello Tri State Fam!
We’ve all heard the reports for this weekend. After last weekend, with areas like central Missouri being buried by snow, we feel it is important to give you some preparation tips before the big storm hits. This is just to get you ready even though we all know how Missouri weather is *wink*.
- Make sure that your vehicle is full of gas.
- Constantly check road conditions. You do not want to be stranded for hours or risk your or anyone else’s lives on unsafe roads. Drive if only absolutely necessary. Stick to main roads.
- Have an “emergency” kit in your vehicle complete with snacks, blankets, hand warmers, water, phone charger and anything else you think you might need in case you or someone you know gets stranded.
- Check the tread and air in your tires. Consider snow tires if you live in an area that gets consistent snow fall.
- Change your oil and antifreeze if needed.
- Inspect your heater.
- Inspect your battery.
- Stock up on ice melt. Place salt down a few hours prior to the storm. Most weather reports for this week have stated that there will be more rain beforehand.
- Stock up on groceries days before the storm. Grab necessities (bread, eggs, milk) and other items that have a longer shelf life.
- Prepare your snow shovel/ snow plow.
- Check your gutters.
- Check your water pipes to ensure that they don’t freeze with the low temperatures.
- Clear a space for your pets so that they can use the restroom or play. If your animals are not used to the frigid weather/the snow is too deep please bring your pets inside or make sure their shelter is also secure and ready for the storm.
Weather is always crazy in the Midwest. As a member of our Tri State family, we want you to be prepared for anything. If you have any questions or have any tips that we should add, please feel free to call us at 660-582-3677.